Monday, March 19, 2012

Brew's Been Busy!

Brew is so excited to tell you all about his first two weeks with us at Blue Clover Eventing! I am so happy to have this little guy in my program, and he has had an action packed two weeks leading up to his first competition at Pine Top this weekend. In fact, everyone has been leaping into action the past two weeks. We are happy to have Kristen here for the month helping out, I'm sure she was lonely at home without us and man oh man were we happy to see her upon her arrival! She and Delilah didn't waste any time, either, they were the big winners on Wednesday at the Derby at Sporting Days!!

Brew and Bailey got to be the big horses this weekend heading to Pine Top, and they came home like big horses with a 5th and 4th respectively. Great ribbons and great results and it doesn't just happen. Congrats to Brew and Trisha and Bailey for busting their tails every day! And speaking of tails, Trisha has Brew's fancy little white tail glittering, I think it scored us an extra 2 points on our dressage lol. Everyone that has met Brew for even a second recognizes how cute and special he is, and he had quite a few moments this weekend that confirmed these feelings. He is the most laid back little fellow on and off the trailer, makes it that much more fun when the ones you like are actually easy to work around. I am sure that will change once he gets to be an Intermediate horse, his list of demands will multiply exponentially. So for the time being, we will enjoy it! Bailey is another one with very few demands right now, and we really appreciate that. We also really appreciate his effort in show jumping to leave up the rails, especially in the combinations! It was by far the best round I have seen Trisha and Bailey jump together. Looking forward to watching them cruise around the track at Southern Pines. It will be the most atmosphere that they have had to compete in thus far, and I'm anticipating a great dressage score - and finishing on it!

These two weren't the only stars of the week however. As I mentioned previously, Delilah and Kristen won the Derby at Sporting Days. We also had Antolin showing there in the straight dressage, he broke into the 70s at Training Level and got some really flattering remarks from the judge. The last time I took him out, he got '9s' on gaits, so he really has something to be proud of! This week he makes the move up to First Level. I would really love to find him a great dressage home down here in Aiken. Getting nervous, can't believe how much time has gone by already.....we leave the first of April and that will be here before we know it. So sad! We have such an unbelievable set up at Hatchaway Bridge Farms, and Aiken is such a special place for me. The weather couldn't be nicer, everything is bright green and in full bloom. I keep trying to take pictures with my phone and it doesn't do the landscape justice. I know, adios BlackBerry and time for the iPhone, although I'm just not there yet.

Smarty would like to remind everyone that he is still the big horse in the barn. He's going to do some dressage-ing at Sporting Days as well on Wednesday to tune up for Southern Pines this weekend. Looking forward to the kick off of the PRO Tour for 2012 at Southern Pines II, always one of my favorite events of the year. Tomorrow I'm taking all of my guys to Gibbs, Smarty will be so happy I know. He hasn't been there yet this year and there are just so many fun things to do. The possibilities are endless at Gibbs and it will be good to wear him out! He needs to set a good example for the youngsters (Brew and Felix) and I hope he takes that job seriously. They are impressionable at their young age ha. I sent in the entry for the 2* at The Fork, so I do hope Smarty is on his 'A' game because I'm certainly showing up to win! I'm certain I'm sitting on the best mover and jumper in the field and I think he's getting strong enough and rideable enough now that we can make it all look easy. Confident; but touching wood right now lol. I guess we will have to wait and see, check live scoring and as always read Eventing Nation and I will be back with the report soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment