Sunday, May 1, 2016

BCE Welcomes West Coast All-Star, Favian!!

I want to start this post by extending gratitude to all of the amazing people who helped make this possible- I couldn't be more excited to announce that I recently purchased Favian from Tamie Smith and Heather Morris (CA). Tamie and Heather have done an outstanding job of bringing this lovely horse along. Favian is an 8 yo big 16.2 black Oldenburg, well bred by Donnerhall Furioso Rubenstien. Favian has a dazzling record to date piloted by Tamie and then Heather as they brought him along at the lower levels. Favian has loved the spotlight from the beginning, winning the 2015 Nutrena AEC Novice Horse division with Tamie.
Favian soaking up the attention of winning his novice AEC division!
Of his nine starts he has finished inside the the top three all but once (with a 6th place at Copper Meadows in TH). His last start, with Heather, was his first trip around the green squares at Galway Downs in which he finished on his impressive dressage score of 28.9. Favian demonstrates all of qualities of a 4* superstar in the making!! I was lucky enough to hear about Favian and be first in line to try him, thanks to Liza Horan who went looking for me after a depressing winter with my search on the east coast turning up nothing viable. When Liza called me to tell me this horse could be the one I immediately vetted him and then hopped on a plane to try him for myself. I knew immediately I would be bringing this one home!
Trying Favian for the first time.
Of course, I can't wait to get out there with Favian and start building my partnership with him... but there are a couple of things he will have to get used to being newly acclimated to the east coast. He's never been turned out on grass before, something Sudley Farm boasts a lot of, and he will have to get used to the sometimes oppressing humidity of Maryland in the summer. My hope for this season is to build a relationship together at Prelim and end with a 1* in the fall.
Favian showing off his XC style!
I am so excited to get back onto the international scene, this has been a long time in the making! I truly believe this is the horse that will it happen. I am so thankful for the support of my owners, clients, and staff- this wouldn't be possible without them! Another HUGE thanks to Liza, Heather and Tamie for helping to make this opportunity possible!


There are still a few syndicate shares available- contact me if you would like to know how you can get involved!
Favian and I getting aquatinted at the KY Horse Park... where I hope we come back to compete in just a few years ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment